Who We Are
Our Mission Statement
PAWS advocates the saving of lives in the animal community by rescuing those in need, promoting adoption and encouraging proper health care.
“Until they all have a home!”
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does PAWS take animals from the public?
PAWS will accept animals from the public, but only in unique circumstances. For example, abuse, orphaned newborns, a deceased owner, a highly adoptable breed, any non-aggressive animal previously adopted from PAWS, and litters of puppies or kittens on the condition that the mother be spayed. Our rehoming fee is $50. If you feel you have a unique circumstance, please call the PAWS Adoption Center at (435)688-9748.
- How much does it cost to adopt an animal and what are your requirements?
Please see Adoption Process
- I found a stray animal; can I take it to PAWS?
No, all strays need to go to appropriate municipal shelters to give their owners a chance to claim them. If they are unclaimed, then they will be placed for adoption.
- What kind of volunteer opportunities are available with PAWS?
We have a wide range of opportunities, and every effort is greatly appreciated! Our adoption center houses both dogs and cats who need to be cared for 7 days a week; we have our office that needs staffing 5 days a week; and of course, we are always in need of loving foster homes for dogs, cats, kittens and puppies. In addition, we hold several fundraisers and adoption events throughout the year and need help planning and staffing those events.
- Where is your adoption center and what are the hours?
Please see Locations and Hours.
- I adopted an animal from PAWS and now I can't keep him/her. What should I do?
We will accept animals previously adopted from PAWS unless the pet has been made aggressive since adoption.
- Is there a low cost neuter program available?
No, we are no longer able to provide this service. You can call the Humane Society in St. George.
- Where can I send a financial donation:
Our mailing address is 1125 W 1130 N, St. George, UT 84770. Donations are greatly appreciated and are the only way we can keep doing what we do! Donations are tax deductible, and we will send you a receipt. You can also donate by going to our Donate page.
- Do you accept donations of pet food, pet supplies, or household items?
Yes, we accept donations of all items at our adoption center, Food must be unopened. If you have large items that require a pick-up, please call our adoption center and we will be happy to come by for the items.